Mucojo Project, Mozambique
Saving Lives through healthcare
Global Angels are proud to support the Mucojo project, which has become a model of excellence, won several awards and has a profound impact through their low-cost initiatives.
After working in the area since 2005, at last the infant mortality rate has lowered to 22%… but that is still way to high. This year the Mucojo project will have it’s first ever community hospital and doctor, reaching a community of 35,000. Global Angels are working to provide a maternity unit, mobile ambulances and clinics.
Global Angels are proud to support , which has become a model of excellence, won several awards and has a profound impact through their low-cost initiatives. Through this project Global Angels has helped reach thousands of children and we look forward to reaching many more in the future.
So far with the Mucojo project, Global Angels have helped to:
• Give over 12,000 people access to clean water
• Provide over 800 children with a nutritious school meal every day
• Drastically reduce the spread of malaria with the distribution of 6,000 mosquito nets, through educational workshops to women who are pregnant or have young children
• Give HIV education to all villages through drama groups and performances
• Hold nutrition and sanitation family workshops in every household across 5 different villages